United Way of Gaston County New Partnerships/Engagement Representative
Overview: We are Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems, to identify the most pressing issues in our community and find solutions to fill unmet needs and improve the lives of residents in Gaston County. We raise funds to support initiatives that will achieve long-lasting change in community conditions.
Reporting to the President, the New Partnerships/Engagement Representative’s primary responsibility is developing and implementing aggressive plans to cultivate new business relationships and new revenue to address the complex problems and meet unmet needs of citizens in Gaston county through programs addressing Education, Health and Financial Stability. The position is measured based on outcomes that lead to greater awareness about the work of United Way, donor engagement and increased contributions.
- Develop and implement aggressive plans to cultivate new business relationships and new revenue.
- Continually build those relationships with new business investors in United Way to help engage them further in the UWGC work.
- Research and analyze fundraising potential of prospective customer base and determine plan of action to engage these prospects in the work of United Way.
- Achieve agreed-upon goals and objectives
- Collaborate with other Resource Development staff in identifying target businesses
- Make campaign presentations to employees during workplace campaign season as requested
- Promote the spirit of volunteerism and the principals of United Way work in the community
- Represent United Way of Gaston County at community functions as identified
- Manage partnerships and special projects targeted at increasing revenue for the organization
- Responsible for planning and executing UWGC annual “Day of Caring”, a volunteer service day matching projects and volunteers for one day of service.
- Works with Campaign and Donor Relations Manager on fundraising events as needed
- Other events as assigned within scope of the position.
Mission Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier community. Separates one’s own interests from organizational interests in order to make the best possible judgements for the organization.
Relationship Focused: Is able to communicate effectively to develop, grown and sustain productive relationships, forge partnerships, collaborate, and strengthen both internal and external relationships.
Results- Driven Is personally accountable for results achieved. Is able to adapt to ever-changing environments. Is organized, able to plan, think strategically and is creative, innovative and appropriately persistent. Self-motivated and achievement oriented.
Collaborative Seeks and shares knowledge Focuses on shared goals Does not operate “in a vacuum”
Visionary Inspirational and persuasive communicator Initiates and leads change and transformation Values continued learning and development of self and others
Team-Builder Builds solid board and volunteer partnerships Focuses on meeting the organization’s mission, vision and goals
Additional Competencies, Attributes & Knowledge
- Ability to recognize organizational-wide priorities and work cooperatively to support their accomplishment
- Ability to generate excitement and energy around the organization’s mission and activities, encouraging others to provide financial support
- Innovative and creative thought processes – “out of the box thinking” capabilities
- Comprehension and appreciation of metric and performance indicators used to measure progress in resource development
- Proficient public speaking and writing skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff and volunteers from diverse backgrounds
- Unquestionable integrity; a long-term perspective; strong sense of accountability; a practical ability to get things done; wisdom and good judgement, a fair and thoughtful approach to management; flexibility and courage to shift direction; attentive to budgets; excellent verbal and written communication skills and a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 2-3 years fundraising/development experience or relevant sales experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database experience, social media experience.
United Way Core Competencies for All Staff:
Mission Focused: Believes in the mission of United Way of Gaston County to create real social change that leads to better lives which drives our performance and professional motivation
Relationship oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationship toward a common goal.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact
Brand Steward: Understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the United Way
Deadline for Submission: March 15, 2020
Submit Cover Letter, Resume and list of three reference to: Linda Slade, President email@example.com
No phone calls accepted.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Salary Range for this position is $43,000-$48,000 United Way offers paid health insurance, dental and vision Vacation/sick leave Matching funds for retirement plan