Welcome to the United Way (UWGC) Christmas Wishes Program!
The 2019 Christmas Wishes Program will run as part of the Gaston Christmas Co-Op, a group of agencies, programs, and organizations who have agreed to work together during the holidays.
The Gaston Gazette will partner with United Way of Gaston County again this year to support the Christmas Wishes Program. Christmas Wishes helps families who are having trouble financially getting Christmas gifts for their children this year. The program also assists senior citizens who would not have a Merry Christmas otherwise. Christmas Wishes is a needs based program.
- Application forms will be taken from October 28th through November 26th. Here is the Application:
- Applications can be turned in at any Gaston Christmas Co-Op member. Applications can be emailed to: Christmas@unitedwaygaston.org. They can also be dropped off in the Gaston Gazette Lobby or at the United Way office
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Applications received after November 26, 2019 will not be considered
Christmas Wishes gifts will be available for pick up December 16 – 17 (You will be notified on when to pickup)
Criteria for the Christmas Wishes program are:
- Applicants must live in Gaston County and must need assistance
- Applicants must use an application form and the form must be complete
- Requests will only be granted for children under 19 yrs. old who are enrolled in school full time and are in need
- Requests will also be granted for adults 55 years old or older who are in need
- Only one request will be accepted per household
- On the application you may list A Want, A Need, and A Read for each child or adult. A Want is an item the child wants to have, A Need could be clothes, toiletries, or school items. A Read is a book the person wants or a topic they are interested in. Please do not request expensive items or electronics, requests are filled through donations
- PLEASE NOTE: Christmas Wishes will not distribute food, pay bills, or supply furniture or household goods. Financial crisis help is available through crisis agencies around Gaston County
- Requests should be made by the family seeking help and not on the behalf of someone else.
- Requests that do not meet these criteria will not be considered
There is no guarantee that a request will be granted since we rely strictly on donations from your community