Welcome to the United Way (UWGC) Christmas Wishes Program!
The 2019 Christmas Wishes Program will run as part of the Gaston Christmas Co-Op, a group of agencies, programs, and organizations who have agreed to work together during the holidays. We partner with these organizations to ensure we are not duplicating services.
The 2019 program is closed, we wish you a Merry Christmas!
Criteria for the Christmas Wishes program are:
- Applicants must live in Gastonia and must need assistance
- Applicants must use an application form and the form must be complete
- Requests will only be granted for children under 19 yrs. old who are enrolled in school full time and are in need
- Requests will also be granted for adults 55 years old or older who are in need
- Only one request will be accepted per household
- On the application you may list A Want, A Need, and A Read for each child or adult. A Want is an item the child wants to have, A Need could be clothes, toiletries, or school items. A Read is a book the person wants or a topic they are interested in. Please do not request expensive items or electronics, requests are filled through donations
- PLEASE NOTE: Christmas Wishes will not distribute food, pay bills, or supply furniture or household goods. Financial crisis help is available through crisis agencies around Gaston County
- Requests should be made by the family seeking help and not on the behalf of someone else.
- Requests that do not meet these criteria will not be considered
There is no guarantee that a request will be granted since we rely strictly on donations from your community